when life gives you lemons….

make salt scrub!

i have just been introduced to ‘The Beauty Department’ via this lovely lady. It is a fantastic, not to mention helpful, website!

seeing as i am burnt as a lobster (see previous post), i think i will whip up this super easy lemon salt scrub for when my entire body will start to peel.

it’s so easy! sea salt + olive oil + lemon. (find the recipe here)

have you ever made a scrub?

a few years ago my friend marli made a scrub & packaged it in mini jars that she personalized as christmas gifts, i think she made it with brown sugar. yum!

anyways, my bestie molly is coming for a quick 2 week visit with her hubby, sammy, and this short trip will be jam-packed and fun-filled. i want to apoligize in advance for the lack of posts to come, but when a friend flys 6,969 miles across the world to see you, priorties change. there will most definetly be an overload of photos and stories following her trip, so stay tuned! she is already learning about israeli culture and trying to pick up on some hebrew words / sayings and when we skype, she cracks me up! things just dont translate sometimes….

love!

Share:

13 Comments

1. June 6, 2011 / 2:20 pm

Miyan, I can't find your email address to write back to your comment on my blog. I just wanted to say that I am so so sorry to hear about your cousin. It's unbelievable that someone would go that far just to hurt another person, for seemingly no reason at all. I hope she's doing ok. Again I'm am so sorry to hear about everything that happened to her. I can't imagine what she's going through. Send her lots of love and I'll be thinking about her.
    Thank you again for sharing so much.
    xoxo, Morgan

2. June 6, 2011 / 3:30 pm

What a great idea – and a lovely gift idea. I have mixed olive oil and sugar for a quick scrub, but I couldn't figure out the ratio of sugar/oil. Is there a rule of thumb?

While traveling, I'll take the hotel's sugar packets and mix it with the bottle of lotion for a 'travelers scrub'. Works great in a pinch. One time I tried adding the dried creamer packet to the combo. Bad idea – it smelled horrible and turned into 'goo'. Gross.

Michelle 😉

PS – thank you so much for the thoughtful comments on my blog the other day re; work. It was a tough day, and I really appreciated reading your kind words.

3. June 6, 2011 / 3:51 pm

I've never made a scrub! need to do this sometime.

4. June 6, 2011 / 3:53 pm

Love this post! I've never made a scrub, but you've inspired me to try it! I love one from Bliss, but it's like $40 so I will try this one to save $$ 🙂

5. June 6, 2011 / 4:19 pm

I love homemade scrubs…I made one with brown sugar recently (brown sugar + olive oil + lemon peel)….the great thing is you know exactly what's going into it and it's all natural.

have fun with your friends!!!

6. June 6, 2011 / 5:31 pm

hihihi nice pic! Nice post:)
    visit me if you like!

7. June 6, 2011 / 11:07 pm

this sounds like such a good idea! i burn at least once every summer.

8. June 7, 2011 / 11:28 pm

I just discovered that website, RIGHT NOW. So cool – thank you!

9. June 8, 2011 / 3:35 am

This is awesome! I used to make salt scrub for a living….I love it so much more than buying it at the store. It's way better.

10. June 8, 2011 / 5:36 pm

hey girl!
    i just wanted to say thank you SO much for all of the sweet and thoughtful comments you have left on my page as well as the shout out here! you have a pretty amazing blog yourself! keep up the good work! 🙂

XO,
    SSDS

11. June 10, 2011 / 12:40 pm

this is such a good idea, thanks for sharing.. and enjoy your time with your friend!! xx